Doctors in the USAIn America doctors are also called as physicians. There can be primary care physician who could be a family doctor and a specialist who are doctors for specific problem. If you have a PPO network under your insurance coverage then you can go to the physician or specialist in the network directly. There may be situations where you have to pay the co-insurance when you are visiting a doctor. Most visitor insurance plans will cover doctors visit and the doctor will bill the insurance company directly.
- If you are supposed to make a claim for reimbursement from the insurer then you should get an itemized bill from your doctor.
US HospitalsThere are several big hospitals which are owned privately and there are only a few government operated hospitals in the country. When you are using your visitor medical insurance at American hospitals there is most likely that you have to pay deductible which can be between $100 to $5000 depending on the plan chosen by you. Added to this there could be also co-insurance or per day co pay which can be 10-20% in you insurance coverage.
- In case of hospitalization you should keep track of the treatments received and details of the charges. Just because you are treated in the USA, does not mean everything will be perfect.
- The hospitals might overcharge or bill for service you never taken.
- Though the insurer is paying for your you should not take it for granted since the money will paid from the premium paid by other people like you.
Medical insurance from US companiesThe domestic health insurance coverage in the USA is not applicable for international travelers or visitors in America staying for a short period. There are special insurance plans called as visitors medical insurance which helps international traveler in paying medical bills during unexpected medical emergencies. Some of the common visitor insurance benefits offered for visitors by US insurance companies are hospitalization, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation, accidental death and dismemberment.
- There are several insurance companies who offer a wide range of insurance coverage for visitors.
- International travelers can get free quotes at American Visitor Insurance and complete the online purchase using easy steps.
- Visitors insurance can be bought before leaving your home country or even after the arrival in the USA.
- There could be a time limit by some insurers before which visitors have to buy the plan after arrival in the USA. Read the plan brochures to know more about visitor insurance terms and conditions.