Purchasing travel medical insurance will prove to be beneficial in case something unfortunate happens as healthcare costs in the US are very high. With the right policy in tow, you and your family will be able to enjoy each and every moment without having to worry about anything at all. Let's look at the best places to visit in the most popular tourist categories, and how the right kind of travel insurance will maximize your chances of having a great time in the US.
Nature and Wildlife
You may be a wildlife enthusiast or a professional photographer waiting for that one perfect shot to come by. The US offers plenty of options to view and capture nature in all its glory. But what if you find that your costly equipment has been damaged in transit? The perfect shot will now have to wait but at least you can enjoy the rest of the trip knowing that your travel insurance will cover the cost of your damaged equipment!
- The Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming boasts of a variety of wildlife while also being home to the majority of geysers in the world. Spread over an area of 3,468.4 square miles, the park is a natural ecosystem. Major attractions here are grizzly bears, elks, moose, pronghorn deer, bison and grey wolves.
- The Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado is split into two by the Continental Divide. While the west side of the park is dominated by thick forests, the east is drier and has glaciated mountain peaks. Streams have created lush wetlands in several parts of the park. Early risers will be able to spot mule deer, bighorn sheep, black bears, elks, coyotes and cougars among other small animals.
- The Grand Canyon is visited by nearly 5 million people each year. The steep-sided canyon has been carved by the Colorado River and its tributaries and is truly a sight to behold.
- One of the largest natural bridges in the world is in Utah- the Rainbow Bridge. The Kolob Arch, the Delicate Arch and the Landscape Arch are other natural arches that people visit.
Landmarks and Monuments
With so much of architectural splendor around you, wouldn't it be sad if you happened to misplace your blood pressure medication and be forced to stay indoors to take rest? If you are armed with travel medical insurance that suits your needs, you'd be able to get replacement medicines! You won't even have to carry a month-long supply of medicines with you.
- The U.S. Bank Tower in Los Angeles may be the 54th tallest building in the world but the helipad on the roof makes it the tallest with a helipad. While in LA, don't miss the Hollywood sign on Mount Lee. Speaking of Hollywood, pay a visit to the Dolby Theater- the venue for the Academy Awards and the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- New York City has lots to see- the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler, and a lot more.
- Cross the Golden Gate strait from San Francisco to Marin County by foot, bike or car and take in the views of the San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean while also admiring the architectural marvel that the Golden Gate Bridge is. While in California, also travel to Sierra Nevada to see the Boole Tree in the Giant Sequoia National Monument. The tree is one of the ten largest Giant Sequoias in the world with a base circumference of 38 meters and a height of 82 meters. Just going on a coastal road trip in California will make your visit to the US worth it.
There are tons of great places to eat at in the US. But what if you had to control your diet just because you need to watch your sugar or cholesterol levels? You may be taking the required medication but you may not want to put your health at risk in a foreign country. It will put you at ease to know that travel medical insurance also covers you for pre-existing conditions!
So pile up on all the hamburgers, fries, soda, hot dogs and apple pies- all that is best in the US.
If you want an action packed holiday, that's just what you'll get in the US. With travel medical insurance that also covers you for accidents related to taking part in such activities, you can take that plunge without any apprehensions.
- In Las Vegas, you can get behind the wheel of a bulldozer or an excavator. You will be briefed regarding all the buttons and levers in these big machines and you'll get an hour to dig to your heart's content.
- The Colorado River in Arizona, the Glacier Bay in Alaska and the Tuolumne River in California are the best places to go kayaking, scuba diving or whitewater rafting in.
- The best weather conditions for wind surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and kite surfing are found in Cape Hatteras in North Carolina, Sunset Beach in Hawaii and Hood River in Oregon.
- The best trails for cycling and mountain biking are the TransAmerica Trail, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride/ Armstrong Pass and the Great Divide MTB Route.
- The Devil's Tower attracts many mountain climbers from around the world. The Red River Gorge in Kentucky, Hueco Tanks in Texas, Yosemite in California and Telluride in Colorado are places to visit if you want to go paragliding, bouldering or rock climbing.
Your trip to the US will definitely be fun. But purchasing travel medical insurance will ensure you are covered for all the expenses that may arise should you fall ill or meet an accident. Spend some time in comparing all visitor insurance policies to find the one best suited to your needs, and embark on your holiday with total peace of mind.