Cost for America travel insuranceVisitor insurance plans are highly regulated and no agency can lower the rates or other incentives to buy a specific plan. However, our American travel insurance compare engine can help travelers choose the best plan according to their individual insurance requirements. The fixed benefit plans are cheaper when compared to comprehensive plans but the coverage is more limited under fixed plans. The price of visitor insurance is directly related to the age of the travelers and maximum medical coverage selected. For example, if you are choosing $25,000 or less medical coverage then the price will be cheaper as opposed to if you choose 50,000 or $100,000 medical coverage. The higher the medical coverage and duration of stay, the costlier will be the premium cost of International Visitor Travel Health Insurance plans.
Fixed Vs Comprehensive benefit America travel insurance plans:Some of the important differences between fixed and comprehensive benefit plans are:
- Fixed benefit plans have specific limitations on the covered medical expenses whereas there will not be any limits on covered expenses under comprehensive benefit plans.
- The benefits limits are not the same as plan medical maximum under fixed benefit whereas under comprehensive plans can go all the way up to the plan maximum.
- More affordable and lower premium costs under fixed benefit plans while comprehensive plans have higher premium rates.
- The coverage offered is limited under fixed benefit visitor insurance plans while under comprehensive plans the benefits is more and with wider coverage.
American travelers insurance with pre-existing conditionsMany travelers to the US especially parents and older travelers, need visitor insurance with coverage for common existing medical ailments. The cost of routine physician visit is very expensive in the US. The common ailments like Diabetes Mellitus with Hyperglycemia admitted to an emergency room would cost around $25,000. Stroke resulting in ICU for about 10 days would cost $120,000, Heart attack treatment with medical bills for ambulance, hospital emergency room, ICU, EKG and MRI heart scans and continuing care from cardiologists would cost about $20,000, The average treatment cost of acute kidney failure in the USA was over $22,000 in 2018. There are some visitor insurance plans from INF that offer coverage for pre-existing medical ailments.
Those who are looking for visitor insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions should know that there are only few plans offered by insurers. Some of the fixed and comprehensive benefit plans offered under visitor medical insurance are:
- Fixed Benefits Plans: Visitors Care, Inbound USA Basic, Inbound USA Choice, Inbound USA Elite, Safe travels visitors to USA, INF Premier and
- Comprehensive plans: Atlas America, Patriot America Plus, Patriot Platinum, Liaison Basic, Liaison Choice, Liaison Travel Plus, Safe Travels USA and Safe travels USA comprehensive, INF Elite