Most travelers often plan a trip or vacation well ahead of time. A planned trip involves expensive airline tickets, hotel reservations and cruise bookings.
Due to the Coronavirus (Covid19) outbreak, CDC, WHO or other government agency have issued travel alert to not visit a few countries. This is a serious condition that may force a traveler to cancel travel plans made in advance. The Trip Cancellation insurance with the "Cancel for any reason" benefit comes to your rescue. The travelers can cancel their expensive ticket bookings, hotel reservations and other expenses using this benefit. Trip cancellation insurance
will help to receive majority of the trip investment expenses spent on a vacation. Most of trip cancellation insurance plans also cover emergency medical expenses and accidental injuries. Therefore it is advisable to buy the Trip Cancellation insurance with "cancel for any reason"
while planning a trip or a vacation. You can use our compare trip insurance quotes to review quotes of trip cancellation insurance plans.
The Travel Insurance Select plan does not have a specific Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption peril tied to a CDC Warning. Therefore, the main eligible coverages would be:
- A person traveling in an affected country who becomes ill, in which case emergency medical expense or emergency medical evacuation coverage may apply, or
- Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) – this option must be purchased as an upgrade within 21 days of your initial trip deposit/payment. Other conditions apply – see plan details.
Crum & Forster considered this to be a foreseen event on 01/23/2020.
The Round Trip Series by Seven Corners
is a three-tiered series of plans with good, better, best plan with, Round Trip Choice
. The Round Trip Choice
have an optional benefit that is the 'Cancel for any Reason' which is available at additional cost. It pays 75% of your prepaid, non-refundable trip payments. Coverage must be purchased within 20 days of your initial trip deposit, you must cancel 2 days or more before your departure, and you must insure all nonrefundable prepaid trip costs. You must also insure the cost of subsequent travel arrangements added to your trip within 15 days of the payment/deposit for each of those arrangements.
NOTE: Round Trip Elite insurance is not available to NY and Florida residents.
Compare Round trip insurance plans
The iTravelinsured insurance
have no exclusion for medical expenses for Covid19 virus. Any medical expenses incurred due to CoronaVirus will be covered by Itravelinsured insurance. However cancellation of the trip due to CoronaVirus is not covered unless you have purchased the 'Cancel for any reason insurance' benefit which is offered by the Travel LX insurance
and you purchased this plan within 20 days of the initial trip deposit.
Compare iTravelInsured trip plans
As ever, we wish you safe and healthy travels!
Cancel for any reason plans
- Cancel For Any Reason: 75% of non-refundable trip cost
- Trip Cancellation: Tour cost to a maximum of $20,000
- Cancel for Any Reason: Up to 75% of trip cost insured
- Trip Cancellation: Up to $100,000 of Trip Cost
- Travel LX Covid Quarantine Benefit: Travel LX plan offers Coverage for accommodations due to a covered Trip Delay $2,500/$250 per person per day is included in the basic coverage.
- Cancel for Any Reason: 75% of
non-refundable trip cost
- Trip Cancellation: Trip Cost Up to a Maximum of $50,000. ($30,000 for travellers above 80 years)
- Cancellation for Any Reason: 75% of Trip Cost
- Trip Cancellation: Up to 100% of Trip Cost Insured